Interventional Radiology Services are available at these locations:
2950 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14217
Appointments are made through Kenmore Mercy Hospital.
Please call 716.447.6177 to schedule.
565 Abbott Road
Buffalo, NY 14220
Appointments are made through Mercy Hospital of Buffalo.
Please call 716.828.2499 for Line Placement and Drainage Procedures.
Please call 716.828.2702 for all other IVR Procedures.
2157 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Appointments are made through Sisters of Charity Hospital.
Please call 716.862.1187 to schedule.
Interventional Radiology (IVR) helps physicians and healthcare providers treat a number of conditions in a minimally invasive way. IVR services work to eliminate the need for open surgical procedures, reducing the risk of infection, lessoning pain and decreasing recovery time for patients.
By using advanced imaging, such as X-rays, ultrasound and other techniques, interventional radiology providers can insert catheters, feeding tubes, PICC lines, mediports and other small instruments through blood vessels.
Using specialized techniques, interventional radiologists can deliver precise treatment via a small incision in the skin. Most procedures are completed using local anesthetic, and sedation is offered when needed.
Southtowns Radiology Interventional Team
Visit Our Physicians page to meet your team of Southtowns Radiology IVR providers. Our providers includes:
Dr. Ayman Ghoniem, MD
Dr. Mahmoud Zahra, MD
Dr. Asha Ziembiec, MD
Marta Ayala, RPA
Christopher Nutty, NP
Esada Kucevic, RT, PA
Interventional Radiology Services in Partnership with Catholic Health
Southtowns Radiology is proud to offer several interventional radiology procedures through our partnership with Catholic Health Systems. Our team of board-certified Intervention Radiology (IVR) Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers see patients at Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo and Sisters of Charity Hospital.
The following services are offered for patients within the hospital as requested, and can also be scheduled as outpatient services within the IR Lab:
- Angiography (all non-cardiac diagnostic)
- Transluminal Angioplasty
- Transhepatic Cholangiography & Bile Drainage
- Percutaneous Needle Biopsy & Aspirations
- Percutaneous Drainage Procedures
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Thoracotomy Tube Placement
- Intravascular Stent Placement
- Intravascular Foreign Body Removal
- Intra Arterial Embolization
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- Biliary and Uretheral Stent Placement
- Inferior Vena Cavogram, Vena Cava Filter Placement
- Venous Access – including Tunneled Catheter and Port Placement, PICC lines, Midlines and Ultrasound guided PIV insertion
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy
- Paracentesis & Thoracentesis – Ultrasound Guided
- Lumbar Puncture and Myelography
- Arthrography and Join Aspirations (shoulder, hip, knee)
- Feeding Tube Insertion under Fluoroscopic Guidance
All Interventional Radiology appointments must be scheduled with the hospital directly.
Kenmore Mercy Hospital – 716.447.6177
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo – 716.826.7000
Sisters of Charity Hospital – 716. 862.1187